Please note the City of Bluefield does not accept unsolicited resumes. The City of Bluefield does not accept or retain resumes that do not relate to a specific, open position.
To complete an application, please visit the City of Bluefield Municipal Complex at 200 Rogers Street.
Resumes may be emailed to: email@example.com. Please include position applying for in the subject line. You may also mail your resume to:
Director of Human Resources
City of Bluefield
200 Rogers Street
Bluefield, WV 24701
Benefits package for full-time positions includes: health insurance, life insurance, retirement, vacation and sick pay, as well as supplemental options, including dental and vision insurance.
The City of Bluefield is an equal opportunity employer for all positions.
Non-Emergency Medical Transport Driver (NEMT)
BluefieldArea Transit is seeking applicants for NEMT driver.
Applicantsshould have a valid Class D license or a CDL with Passenger Endorsement andmust have a good driving record. Applicant must pass a background checkand pre-employment drug test. Applicant must be able to work flexible hours.
Positioncould possibly lead to a full time position with benefits.
The Lifeguard maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency. Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain watch over the pool area ensuring a secure and safe environment
- Employ accident prevention by enforcing pool rules and regulations
- Respond to all injuries, incidents, and emergencies as directed by club policy
- Teach private & group swim lesson to kids and adults of all abilities
- Assist in the development, implementation and marketing of innovative swim programs
- Assist in coaching a competitive swim team
- Assist in the maintenance and cleanliness of the aquatics center
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be a minimum of 16 years of age
- Current accredited Life guarding Certification or the ability to obtain the certification at the time of hire
Certified Personal Trainer
- Prior experience life guarding or teaching swim lessons
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications or the ability to obtain the certification at the time of hire.
The Personal Trainer provides a custom fitness program in proper cardiovascular, strength and flexibility training ina one on one learning or small group environment to both health seekers and active fitness participants to attain the participants’ chief goal(s).
Responsibilities and Duties
Safety and Risk Management
Arrives at work consistently on time, in proper uniform, and prepared to perform the essential functions of your job
- Motivates and inspire clients to get results through goal setting, frequent follow-up, and re-assessments to show progress
- Maintains up to date client folders and tracks sessions
- Learns members’ names and unique individual goals each shift
- Educates members on proper exercise form and appropriate use of equipment, providing appropriate intervention and communication when necessary
- Provides members with “spotting” support when safe and appropriate
- Maintains a neat and orderly environment by ensuring equipment is returned to its proper location after use and educating members and clients to do the same
- Maintains awareness of changes in schedules, staffing,procedures and environment that can affect a member’s experience, and leads members through the changes in an informative, supportive manner
- Models consistently the Y’s values of caring, respect,responsibility and citizenship, thereby encouraging and supporting the development of these values within our members
- Attends all staff meetings and in-service trainings
Adheres to all safety policies, rules and standard operating procedures established by Parks and Recreation
- Inspects, corrects and maintains the work station/environment to ensure it is free from hazards or unsafe conditions
- Reports all injuries and accidents, no matter how minor,immediately to the appropriate supervisor
- Immediately reports all observed unsafe acts and conditions to the supervisor
- Always reports to work in an acceptable condition, not under the influence of any substance that could inhibit the ability to work safety or efficiently
Qualifications and Skills
- Builds and maintains effective, positive relationships with members, participants and staff
- Creates a supportive community environment
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions
- Responds and/or resolves member inquiries and/or concerns in a timely manner
- Understands and executes their role in fulfilling our promise as a cause-driven organization
- Must be 18 years of age
- Current certification in Personal Training from an accredited organization, i.e. NASM,ACE, AFAA etc
- Thorough knowledge of strength and cardiovascular equipment and their appropriate use
- Ability to assess individual fitness and effectively build a customized fitness program
- Physical ability to lead and interact in fitness activities and perform related physical fitness skills
- Possess excellent customer service and communication skills
- Possessor be willing to learn sales skills
- Ability to self-promote and network
- 1-2 years related experience preferred
- Certification requirements include, within 30 days of hire, CPR/AED and First Aid; Child Abuse Prevention.