Please Note: So that the City receives 100% of the billed amount, a "service fee" (which covers the cost of processing the credit card or debit card) will be assessed to the paying party. The City does not earn any revenue from the service fee. The City of Bluefield has entered into an agreement with a third party, CardX,to provide the processing of credit card and debit card payments. CardX will calculate the processing cost of a credit/debit card presented for payment and apply that cost as the service fee. This payment option is provided as a service to our residents who may elect to choose this form of payment.
All credit card transactions, online, in person or by phone, will be charged this service fee. Fees vary by card type.
The City of Bluefield offers multiple convenient payment options.
- Online - You have the option to pay your fees online using your bank account or credit card. Registration required. Currently, only payments for city fees and services for which you receive an invoice such as parking, special trash, grass cutting, etc. are accepted online.
- Mail – Simply mail your payment, along with the bottom portion of the bill to City of Bluefield, 200 Rogers St, Bluefield, WV 24701.
- Bank Draft – Download the Auto Bank Draft form and return to the Treasury Dept. at 100 Rogers St.
- In Person - The payment window in the Municipal Building is open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. We accept cash, check, credit cards and money orders.
- Phone - Credit card payments are accepted over the phone by calling 304.327.2401 x 2414. Service fee will be applied.
- Drop Box - For your convenience, a payment drop box is located outside the entrance at 100 Rogers St.
To register for this service you will need the following information:
- City of Bluefield 5-digit Account Number - This is found on the top portion of the monthly bill. For account numbers with less than 5-digits, you must use leading zeros. Example: Account 1234 would be entered as 01234.
- City of Bluefield Service Location - This is also located on the top portion of the monthly bill. Please enter your service location exactly as it appears on your bill, in all capital letters.
You also have the ability go paperless! Registering for this service is free, and if you choose to go paperless, you will be assisting in elimination of unnecessary paper waste. To register for this service, download, complete and return the Paperless Billing form to the Treasury Department indicating that you wish to receive your monthly bill by email.